Our simple four-step process
With our e-Bulk system it's easy to request a DBS check:
- Activate your account
- Complete the online application form
- We check your application and submit it to DBS
- You receive the result electronically
Types of DBS check
- Basic checks
A basic DBS check is a criminal record check that you can request for yourself. You may also be asked to request a basic check by your employer. The check contains any convictions or cautions that are unspent.
- Standard checks
These checks contain details of any spent or unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings the applicant has, if they’re not protected.
- Enhanced checks
These checks contain the same information as a standard check, as well as any relevant information held by the applicant’s local police force.
During the DBS check
After we've submitted your application to DBS they'll:
- complete a Police National Computer search
- complete a child and adult barring list and List 99 search where applicable (enhanced checks only)
- complete additional police checks (enhanced only)
- issue your certificate
You can track your DBS application online to see its progress and if there are any delays.